Once in awhile I make up a recipe that I really, really enjoy. Cooking is another thing I love to do, and I especially love cooking for other people. My biggest success so far has been my Shepherd’s Pie, which is a big hit with my boyfriend, who begs me to cook it for him all the time. I’ve learned to make lots of my mom’s famous recipes, and I may let a few of those slip, from time to time. I’ll also post links to recipes I really love here.
- White Chicken Lasagna: I added scallops just under the top layer of cheese and a few throughout to this recipe, more garlic (of course) and spinach in the ricotta layer.
- Slow Cooker Venison Roast: My Dad’s a hunter, so good venison recipes are a must in my family.
- Potato and Artichoke Soup: One of my favourite soups. Can’t wait to make it again this summer out of veggies from my garden.
- Cinnamon Pull-apart Bread: An awesome sugary bread recipe that’s fun to eat. I love this one, and people think it’s really complicated, but it’s really pretty easy, as long as you have the space.
- Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons: This recipe is so good and easy, but the flavours are perfect.
- Chicken Paprikash: This is comfort food at its best.
- Mushroom risotto: This recipe is great for entertaining. Invite people over, and start cooking. Don’t be too worried about the measurements. We needed more time for the lamb chops, so we added more wine to keep it cooking longer.
- Lamb chops in a balsamic reduction: So good paired with the risotto, above. Easy to prepare, but make sure you start early if you have thick chops and side dishes to prepare.